WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Concept2 Model D indoor rowing machine with PM5 is built to professional athlete standards and is currently one of the best indoor rowing machines in the world. In fact, this is the machine used in many competitions such as the CrossFit games. One of our favorite features is the monitor. It stores your workout data and allows you to transfer it to your Mac or PC or smart phone via a USB flash drive. This can also sync with apps such as MyFitnessPal to track your progress. It is compatible with heart rate monitors. and This product is built to withstand the high demand of intense training, and incorporates technology that lets users to track speed, pace, distance and the amount of calories burned. Another great feature is that the Concept2 Model D can be folded and stored away when your workout is complete. This model also comes with an extended and limited warranty on parts and frame. Its smooth, its sleek, and a great option for those looking for a proven and tested piece of exercise equipment. Coming in at around $900, it earns our top pick for indoor rowers.
INDEPTH PRODUCT REVIEW
The Concept2 model D is powered by an aluminium monorail frame and can support people up to 500 lbs. The seat is comfortable and adjustable to accomodate various heights. The rower features a spiral damper that allows you to adjust the airflow and minimize noise. While some rowers are very loud, you can easily listen to music during your workout.
- Available in either black frame or white frame
- Spiral Damper with adjustable 1-10 settings
- Adjustable monitor arm
- Separates easily into two pieces for storage with a quick-release frame lock. Caster wheels make it mobile.
- Adjustable footrests accommodate a wide range of shoe sizes
- Ergonomic handle for natural position
- 500-pound weight capacity
- 5-year frame warranty
PM5 Monitor Features
- LogCard and USB cable to connect the PM5 to computer and access LogCard data
- Strokes Per Minute (SPM)
- Distance Covered
- Calories Burned
- Pulse Meter
- Heart Rate
- Pre-set workouts available
The machine can be easily dismantled into two parts using quick locks which makes it easy to move it around.
- Overall Length: 96 in
- Width: 24 in
- Seat Height: 14 in
- Machine Weight: 57 lb
- Monorail Length: 54 in. Fits inseams up to 36 in. Extra-long monorail available at an additional cost.
- Assembled: 8 ft x 2 ft
- With Clearance for Use: 9 ft x 4 ft
- Storage: 25 in x 33 in x 54 in
- Higher price than some rowers
- Takes up a lot of space when in use
The Concept 2 Model D provides a natural, safe workout that doesn’t strain specific muscles or cause injury when used properly. This rower’s is excellent for cardio and strength training, combining comfort and durability in one great machine. Easy and simple to use, but with enough bells and whistles to be engaging, this is one of the best indoor rowing machines on the market. If you are looking for a great value on a solid machine, the Concept2 Model D is the one for you.
OTHER PRODUCTS TO CONSIDER